Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Things that make you go hhmm.... 10

Maybe a little bit of a touchy one here but.....

Cancer......

The number of people and amounts of time and money being sought and used to find a cure for this nasty disease is phenomenal. The question is this, "Has anyone thought about why it is in existance?

I think the earth is trying to keep a particular balance, trying to right itself. Just how many people can this planet support? If a cure is found, what then? Do they then find a cure for old age? Do we try to keep everybody alive forever?

The powers that be keep instituting laws to supposedly prevent death, motorcycle helmets, seatbelts, etc., is a perfect example.

When do we stop this headlong rush to save "all" of our fellow human beings?

Don't get me wrong, I have lost several people to the big "C". My Mother, who I was never able to meet as I was adopted, my sister, another sister had breast cancer, not to mention friends and just people I know.

Just look at it with a little sense instead of straight from the heart. It's hard, I know, but somewhere down the road that is exactly how humans are going to have to look at it.

Plain and simply, when your number comes up, it's your turn.

A great big hhmmm....

Thoughts

No comments: