Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Things that make you go hhmm.... 13

Child abuse??

There is a claim that child abuse is up by a huge number.

One of the reasons that was put forth was that some of the reported abuse was attributed to verbal belittling and the occasional cuff up side the head.

As far as I a m concerned, this has gone way too far in the protection of kids.

Have you looked at the kids that are "being themselves"?

Violence is up, drug use is up, alcohol use is up, tattoos, piercings, etc. These are good things?

When was the last time you saw someone that was very successful in business that had a piece of metal sticking through his tongue? or purple and green hair? Or chains, cuffs and collars with a leather suit?

How does having a kid in "time out" teach them anything?

Their thought, and I'm just giving my opinion here, "If I keep doing this and forcing my parents to give me "time outs", then I don't have to communicate with them at all and I get to do whatever I wish."

Back to the reported rise in child abuse and a little from my side of the report, there is a huge rise in bullshit calls to the reporting agency too.

Three times, the agency was called by my neighbors in regard to my kids, in two years. In each and every one of the cases, they sent a different worker, this would be a good deal of money both for the worker and travel to my place not to mention the paper work, and all were unfounded accusations. The only way that I was able to stop this shit was to threaten lawsuits if they even darkened my doorway for a fourth time. No doubt, these were included in the false report of increases.

It is about time parents took control of their lives and the frickin kids that they brought into this world. And don't expect the rest of the world to look out for them, they are your kids, it's your responsibility. If they are behind the rest of the class in development, too bad, deal with it, don't make the rest of the class and, for that matter, the world live below their potential so that your stupid kid doesn't feel bad about themselves.

Do your job as a parent and teach them that there are some that will be better than them and there will be some slower than them. They will figure out where they fit and you don't need to make the rest of the world fit in with your kid instead of the other way round.

Back your kids in everything they want to do and help them in every way possible. That is how you raise THEM!

Anyway, I guess that is my rant for today.....

A worn out hhmmm....

Thoughts

No comments: