Thursday, January 11, 2007

Some people...

One of my customers called in today because he really isn't too awfully bright..

Mud puddle ring a bell....

Anyway, I think I have mentioned before that one of my colleagues is from East India although he has been in this country for 30 years.

When the above referenced lame brained customer got through, he connected with the Gentleman I also mentioned...

The first thing he and his wife did was to scream at the top of their voices that they wanted someone located in a place other than India, typical New York, Bronx, asses...

It took several minutes to get them to shut up so they could be transferred to me. It was then that I remembered who they were and how they acted the first time I spoke to them. The husband was a little strange but workable. The wife, however, was a different story.

On the first call with them, I had to wait for her to shut up before I could hear him or he could hear me. Something would be happening with the unit we were working on and she would start yelling like she was trying to talk to somebody in China. The call could have been much shorter than the hour and a quarter it took if he had been the only on that end...

This time I had to work with her, not easy by any stretch.

Apparently, the hard drive in their computer was failing and had already been setup for replacement. How did they expect anything else in the system to work?

Finally got them convinced that they would have to wait for the hard drive replacement and reinstall of the OS before trying get our software and hardware to work...

Some people...

Thoughts

No comments: