Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Things that make you go hhmm.... 97

What way to start a day...

The first two callers yesterday were completely off the wall...

The first wanted to talk to another member of my team as he is he contact in the company. I told her that I would see if he was available. That was the first time she told me to quit "monkeying around".

WTF?

I had to tell her that he was on a call with someone else and would have to get back to her and proceeded to try to confirm the phone number so that he would be able to get to her.

Again, I was told that I was "monkeying around" and then she hung up...

WTF?

The next caller wanted to talk his contact, a different person, to buy an additional product. I told him that the contact was on a call which is when he said he hasn't got time for this and hung up...

WTF?

Had another customer call in and the first words out of her mouth, "Thank God you speak good English!"

WTF?

After dealing with her issue, I thought about the call and she had repeated the same statement at least 4 times. It was kind of funny coming from someone who was speaking like of backwards inbred who wouldn't know "good English" if it jumped up and slapped her in the face...

One of my colleagues that sits one cube over from me, is of east Indian descent. He speaks the English language quite well. The number of these people who claim that they don't understand him is absolutely phenomenal.

It's like they hear the accent and their minds immediately go into a "I'm not listening to this guy cause he ain't one of us" mode.

Stupid people....

hhmmm....

Thoughts

No comments: