Friday, November 25, 2005

Things that make you go hhmm.... 26

I don't have friends, I don't have family, I have acquaintances.

What is a friend?

What is a relative?

In my years I have come to find that they are merely people you know but are only there when they want something.

I am adopted and the only reason the one brother came looking for us was to find out if one of the unknown siblings had any money.

The one sister called and left a message on my voicemail after I haven't heard from her for over five years. Her inquiry? I have a problem and wonder if you could look at my Pentium. hhmmm...

I don't have wheels right now as I haven't the funds to keep a set on the road. I walk every where I need to go and went to a grocery store last weekend. I met what I thought was a friend while there but I guess I was mistaken. It was another acquaintance. He knew that I had no wheels and he has a minivan but no offer was forth coming to give me a quick little lift to my house with the groceries I had. In fact, after a quick hello and chat about coffee, he dissappeared, presumably to avoid that very offer. hhmmm....

I only know people and people know me for what they can take from me. Sounds a bit cynical but that is what my life experience has taught me.

I do know a couple of people that help out whenever they can and know that they are helping themselves as much as they are helping me.

I guess it is the way of the world. Each and every one on this planet is here for themselves. Even the philanthropic people are here only to make themselves look better.

The next time some asks you for some help or something, think about it.

The next time someone offers you some help in any way, think about it. I have...

hhmmm....

Thoughts

1 comment:

consise10 said...

Well Im very sorry that the person with the minivan left without giving you a lift home. Did you directly ask for a lift ?
You sound rather miserable about people in your life and I think we all are 'cynical' to a degree about those closest to us.
I have been some what like that myself,but maybe on a different level to you.
Love your blog by the way.