Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Things that make you go hhmm.... 27

Stupid people......

As some may know, I do tech support in a call center.

I have heard racism from all sorts of people but stupid knows no race although I get a pretty one sided view of it at this point.

I am Canadian as are the people I work with. The original nationality of some of these people has been brought into question by the people I have as customers.

One gentleman is East Indian and a good friend of mine. I have had my customers say derogatory things about him and I enjoy nothing more than putting them in their place. My words to them, "That gentleman is a very good friend of mine and we are equals. He has the same ability as I do to resolve any issue you may have with your product, and he is quite good at it!"

They tend to shut up after that and if they get to him first, they tend to think before talking.

I was talking to an "American" lady yesterday. That is what she referred to herself as. She did nothing more than rag on the company and about how it outsources. When she asked where I was located and I replied with "Canada", she noted that she had been screwed by a Canadian on an eBay sale and then proceeded to rag on the Canadians.

Where the hell does she think Canada is?

How long would it take her to find a US citizen that would put up with the unreasonable tirade she was on?

How long would it take her to find another company to purchase from if they had to raise the cost of their products because of on shore support? Not long, I'm thinking.

Now, I am not ragging on the US citizens but that is the nation whose products I support. I have done support for Canadians and have run into the same kind of foolishness.

The next time you contact support, think before you speak, that maybe your neighbor you're talking to and you may be making a point that is pointless.

hhmmm....

Thoughts

No comments: