Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Corporal vs capital...

News this morning has a 16 year old kid being charged with threatening his family using a gun...

Our health care institution has decided that there is zero tolerance for people to use corporal punishment on their offspring...

Is there a possibility that this kid is going to head directly to capital punishment because they spared the rod?

My personal opinion, the hands off approach is not working. Far too many of these kids could have been turned when a lot younger if there had been a good swat on the ass.

I'm not for the beating of your kids, I was one of those that was beaten so bad that the school sent me home because I looked to bad to be there, fat lip, black eye, etc. That was just one of the beatings I took when I was no more than 10 or 11 years old.

I have never beaten my kids to any extent and have never hit them hard enough to leave a mark but they definitely knew that shit would rain down if they did wrong...

I think a little more corporal will go a long way to reduce the need for capital, not eliminate it but reduce it...

Thoughts

No comments: