Sunday, November 05, 2006

Support...

My daughter purchased a cell phone for me in June of this year, first one I have ever had.

In July, I went shopping for something a little more advanced than merely a phone and having the texting capability and passed this one along to my son so that he could keep in touch too. Last week, he was looking to find out how to add money and features as this thing is a pay as you go. He did actually try the pin that I had set it up with but it would not let us in to the system to even add money.

I checked with the store where my daughter purchased it and the said that all we had to do was hit *611 and provide the correct personal details.

When we called in, we found ourselves talking to someone in India. This was one very efficient, capable person who had the issue resolved in less time than it took to get through the prompts.

I really don't see what issues these people have with talking to support in India.

Stop and think for just a second... Would you sit in a cube for 8 hours a day and listen to you whine, bitch and complain? Would you take the abuse that these supposed civilized people throw at support staff?

Think about how much it would cost to purchase the items you scream about if they were made by and supported by the people on this continent, you wouldn't be so damn quick to condemn the companies and people you encounter when calling for technical support...

So, I seem to have gone off on a mild rant...

Thoughts

No comments: