Sunday, October 22, 2006

Neighbors...

You gotta love some people.

I have only a few neighbors because I live on a very short, dead end street. I have been here for over 16 years and almost all of the other people on this street have been trying to harass me and sc/or scare me off this street from that very first year.

There are two in particular that are the most obvious and a couple others that like to smile in your face while reaching around to twist that knife in your back.

The funny thing is that it had to have started merely because of the way I look. I am a little over 250 pounds, not just fat but I can carry more weight that the average person due to my build. I have what appears to be shoulder length hair, it is longer, actually reaches to the middle of my back when the curls are stretched out fully. I also have a full beard and mustache. Lets face it, I look like a biker. I don't really fit into the neighbors profile of the ideal people to live on this street.

Somewhere I'll get more into the things I have done for these people and the resultant actions by them. I wanted to relay the one that actually cropped up today.

I have a Pit Bull, the last in a line of seven I have had and the last also because of the ban on them that was enacted last year. The reason for acquiring this breed was due to the bitch next door. I had a Collie/Akita cross which was a really big and beautiful animal that the bitch coveted. She had been seen several times by other, letting him loose from his chain in my backyard while I was away. The last time she did it, what was left of him was found on a train track. Not a pretty sight at all. So, I went and Got Brutus with the idea, she would not even come near him. Worked pretty good for a lot of years. When I took Brutus out on my front step, he would hear her and bark, she would be in her house so fast and without a sound. Worked for me.

At this point, Brutus is 12 years old. The bitch next door has retired and decided to procure another dog for herself, a black Newfoundland Waterdog. I think she is still trying to better me by one.

Today, as I was leaving for the laundromat, she had the dog out on the street, off her property without a leash. Not more than a month ago, my daughter took Brutus not even twenty feet down the street from my driveway, on a leash, and the bitch called the cops.

I am about to make it a hobby of calling the authorities every time I see her dog off her property without a leash. I will also be following her when she takes the dog for a walk because I think she is leaving little surprises on other peoples lawn. We do have poop and scoop laws here.

I'll elaborate on this in future posts. For now, Brutus is bugging me to take him out, should have him shit on her front porch....

Thoughts

1 comment:

Cheesy said...

Ha! Grand idea lol.. Dazam I love living in the country... I don't have to deal much with neighbors... GL to you and hug your pup for me!