Thursday, October 19, 2006

Time for a little change?

Yea, I know. I have been a little off with my subject matter but I am one of the only ones that posts each and every single day. I have missed only one post in over a year and I can blame that on blogger....

I was watching a movie last night and it brought a thought to mind. Van Helsing, the vampire hunter.

What would the vampires do if they followed some of the upstarts and turn all of the people into food? When they ran out of fresh people what would they do? They would only have themselves to turn to and then what?

I know, it's fictional but then you bring that to real life situations and the mentality is there.

The Japanese and their whaling. They figure that they have the right to take whatever they want even if it takes the whales to extinction.

The loggers in British Columbia. They scream about the tree huggers and ask the question, "What do we do for a living if we can't cut trees down?". Let's see, if you cut all the trees down, guess what, your in the same damn boat and can only blame yourselves.

And one last volley.

The Indians, native Canadians, claim to have the right to fish anytime and anywhere they want. The claim was that they were just trying to feed their families. Yea, right... You see them being caught with truck loads of fish that they are taking into places like Toronto to sell. What happens when there are no more fish for anyone because you took all the fish you wanted during spawning? They also try to claim that they only take the smaller males, yea, right again...

Anyway, a little more pithy rant and I'll see what I can do to kick a few more worthwhile posts out over time...

Have a great Thursday...

Thoughts

No comments: