Saturday, October 07, 2006

Thanksgiving...

I have a bit of trouble with this whole concept.

Thanks for my life? I was adopted at just over a year of age. Apparently my birth parents had no use for me... My adoptive parents seemed to enjoy beating the shit out of me. I guess that could be considered a use...

Two of my kids seem to think they have no use for me and think of me as knowing a shit load less about life and how the world turns than they do. No use for me there...

The wife decided that I was more of a pain than her time was worth so the separation has been for 5 and a half years so far. No use there...

My neighbors have been trying to get rid of me from the day I moved on to this street 18 years ago. I a way I am useful in that I provide them with a distraction from the real world and real issues...

My employers only find me useful in some very limited ways. Management doesn't want me there except to buck up the over all site stats. No way they would allow me to move up the ladder as they would have to compete with my no bullshit ways. A bit of a use for me here as a "whore".

There are two entities that do appreciate me though, my daughter and my dog. My daughter will spend money and time with me just because she can and the dog, more or less, relies on me for all of his needs, however that won't be a whole lot longer. He is 13 years old now.

I guess I am thankful for a couple of things but it would take too long to complain about all of the things I really want to.

I hope all have a great thanksgiving weekend and have a crapload more to be thankful for.

Thoughts

No comments: