Friday, December 02, 2005

Things that make you go hhmm.... 28

Have you ever stopped to watch people?

A most interesting activity. The people you watch can be ones you know or complete strangers, their activity can still make you wonder.

I watched some people doing laundry a couple of weeks back. This is just something to do while my clothes were in the washer and then the dryer.

I saw three guys that must have been college students although one of them looked to be too old for it. They looked for the biggest washing machine in the place and stuffed pretty much everything they could into it. I have also seen some of the meeker looking people do the same thing.

Most men just take the stuff out of the dryer, throw it in the little laundry cart, wheel it over to the dryer and throw it in.

Others, like myself, separate each piece of clothing so that you don't get spots that haven't dried due to being knotted up in a ball.

Then you get ladies that look at each and every piece of clothing as it goes into the washing machine and again when they put the same items in the dryer, not sure what they may be looking for.

Then you have the people who rush to every washing machine they have that has stopped and grab every dryer they can before anyone else has a chance. God forbid they should have to put an actual full load into one dryer.

Even in the laundromat, you can clearly see the "me, me, mine mine, gimme gimme, I'm the only person that counts" attitude.

This is the attitude that is destroying this world right now. Every single person I know is looking out for number one.

Sure, they may be giving some to others in an attempt to show how good they are or buying their way into "heaven", but in fact, they are just tooting their own horn and making sure the rest of the world knows about it.

I would love to have the world recognize my efforts and everything I have done for others but it is not necessary. It should be enough to know that you did this yourself.

hhmmm....

After writing this, it seems a little disjointed but if you need some clarification, leave a comment. I'd be more than happy to enlighten.

Thoughts

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your sights on the laundromat are all too familiar.
You didn't mention those who come in with one set of clothes, wash and dry them and then change, underwear and all from what they came in wearing to the ones they just laundered.
...Or maybe you've seen it and just didn't want to mention it.