Saturday, December 03, 2005

Things that make you go hhmm.... 29

This may be a little late as a post but what the heck, I grab what I can when I can.

Fall leaf raking....

How do some people decide that it is time to rake?

Is it the layer of natural fertilizer on the grass that is extremely offensive to the neat, tidy and ordered life of some people?

Is it the need to control something that can't be controlled?

I have a couple of neighbors on this little dead end street on which I live which seem to me to be just a little bit off...

About maybe a tenth of the leaves had fallen from the trees and the one neighbor was out in her front yard running up and down with a 'vacuum" retrieving all of the leaves on her grass.

Now, think about this for a minute, nine tenths of the possible leaves in the trees were still in the trees.....

Not only that, but she vacuumed just her grass leaving a distinct line between her property, the city property and street in front of it and the neighbors yards on either side, including, of course, mine.

Needless to say, not even an hour after she had completed her task, her yard was half covered in leaves once again.

The neighbor on the other side at least tried to mulch theirs into the grass, but the same failure was the result.

The second neighbor was the same person who took great offence in a native hawk feeding on sparrows and rodents in the area that it could catch. She even had the gall to contact animal control to see if they had a way to remove it.

I guess this seems more about control freaks than anything else, although I do have stories about them for future postings to.

For now, hhmmm....

Thoughts

PS: I have my replacement camera so I'm prepared for HNT next week not to mention anything else I can find that would make an interesting post.

No comments: