Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Things that make you go hhmm.... 31

Global Warming....

There was some sort of meeting on global warming yesterday, sorry, just heard a snippet this morning but the "meteorologist" on the radio said something that I thought had to be just about the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Ooops, that was a run on sentence wasn't it?

Anyway, the ass on the radio said that the global warming thing was a lot of hooey...

Apparently he may be a little retarded.

He noted that the glaciers etc, have been melting for millions of years.

Just how long has the planet got?

Does he really believe that the ice on this planet will last forever?

Is it possible that the earth will never change?

I can remember, crap, I now sound like the Ol' Man, when we had real snow. We had the first bit of snow here around the first of December. Does anyone else remember when we had real, ass deep, shovel till your heart quits, freeze the snot to your face, cold, winter snows in October?

I remember trips to our cottage for Christmas when you could not see the power lines along the sides of the roads because the snow was deep enough to cover them.

Now we have about three months that could actually be called winter and people are bitching about the cold.

I can remember, last one in this post, I promise, walking to work on a Saturday morning when it was minus thirty five and with the windchill, minus seventy five. It was a nice brisk walk.

These days, more because of my age and ailments, I would be found probably within ten feet of my front door, frozen to death in a three inch high snow bank, if the temp was as low as minus thirty.

Memory, a wonderful thing...

hhmmm.....

Thoughts

No comments: