Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Things that make you go hhmm.... 88

Got my hydro bill last night, scary shit kiddies.... over $900 for three months

It seems to be a lot less important after the one call I had to make yesterday....

One of the products I support in my job is a line of digital cameras. In November I started to work with a lady whose unit stopped working altogether.

Apparently, the camera was purchased for a trip from the "Make A Wish Foundation" and her daughter was dyeing....

I gave her a new upgraded camera and had the dead one captured so that I could see about getting the images off of it for the lady as they were the last ones of her daughter in a swing. Not long after they were taken, the little girl was unable to use a swing and the pictures were of the utmost importance to retrieve from the camera.

I left the job in the hands of one of our engineers believing he would make the appropriate contacts.

About two weeks ago, the lady emails me for an update. Her little girl died on Feb 7th and she had not heard any word on the pictures since talking to me.

I contacted the engineer who had received the unit but had done nothing with it since getting it. I got him to work on it immediately but I got an emailed reply from him yesterday that the images could not be retrieved.

Great news and I had to pass this info along to the customer...

Death happens and cameras quit working but I am still here and $900 seems so much more trivial....

hhmmm....

Thoughts

No comments: