Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Things that make you go hhmm.... 74

More senseless people....

Had a guy call in looking to get a CD to install one of the products he owns.

I usually let the customer tell me what they want which quite often includes venting about their experiences with support...

This is just part of the job, let them vent and blow off the frustration and then get to the issue and resolve it, if possible....

The first thing this guy tells me is that he called the corporate office who transferred him to technical support. No biggy, they don't order CD's or troubleshoot or anything like that.

He then tells me how he talked to them but they required a serial number and some contact information so that they could order the CD but that they just kept telling him that they could not do it.

On and on, round and round, he talked about all of the people who would do nothing to help him.

I couldn't get any information from our database with the information that he provided so I told him that I would start a new case but that he would need to give me some information so I could get him what he was looking for.

I did tell him that the product he was looking to get the CD for was out of warranty and that he would have to pay for the CD.

He then claims that the unit is only a few months old. I say that is fine because I can circumvent the process for warranty validation.

When I got to the point where I asked for the serial number, he went off again...

Said that he was not at the unit, it was too hard to pull it out of the cabinet that it was in, etc, any excuse not to have to provide the serial number.

He then asked for my boss, too funny.

I told him that without correct and complete information, there was nothing else we could do for him and I would definitely not be passing him to anyone else until said information was provided.

He then told me that he was going to contact the corporate office the inform them of my actions.

Now, I wonder just what he was thinking? He called the corporate office and was transferred several times to technical support where he was unwilling to provide information. Does he really believe that everybody he talks to is just that much dumber than him?

Would these people keep up the foolishness if they knew just how stupid they sound and look? Do they know just what kind of entertainment they are providing to a lot of people?

Made for an interesting day, by the way, he hung up on me too, like that is going to garner him any assistance.....

hhmmm....

Thoughts

No comments: