Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Things that make you go hhmm.... 75

More stories from the tech support world...

Guy calls in because of an issue with a particular product.

The decision is made to send a couple of parts for the unit, I come to find out by talking with him that he probably bullied the front line agents into it, and were setup as next day delivery.

He called in on Saturday and did not receive them by Tuesday and called back with some of, what I consider, wild demands.

He has decided that he wants his product paid for but that he gets to keep the product, WTF?

When he was escalated to me, remember, I am one of the people that customers are referred to by the corporate office, and made three very specific offers to him.

1. I will dropship a brand new product in 5 to 7 business days, no questions.

2. I will buy back the product, no questions.

3. Keep the product and deal with the issues you are having.

Now, it seems all bases have been covered but apparently the guy seems to think he is entitled to more?

He wants me to pay for the unit but he gets to keep it and continue to hassle and cajole the agents to do his bidding, would this indicate some slight retardation?

He decided that he wanted to talk to my manager, and as is true, I am the final word which I told him.

He notes that there is always someone higher.

Where do these people get the idea they can just keep climbing the ladder to get what they want no matter how outrageous the demands?

I told him that any other contact with the company will come back to me and I will provide the exact same options. I didn't tell him that the next time we talk there will be a time limit, should prove interesting.

As a side note, I was listening to the radio this morning, seems a poll was released yesterday and it showed that 50% of Canadians think that the USA is our country's best friend. On the other hand, only 20% of the USA people think Canada is their best friend. 68% think that Britain(they call it England yet) is their best friend.

Upon some thought I can understand it when you think about the country that jumped into the Iraq war with them.

Just some more stuff to ponder.

hhmmm....

Thoughts

No comments: