Thursday, March 23, 2006

Things that make you go hhmm.... 81

Gotta like the people who call in for support....

Had one yesterday who has owned the product for 4 months and was to have it replaced. She decided that since she purchased a new product she was entitled to a "new" replacement.

Per standard policy and process I told her about the refurbished replacement I would send and assured that I would ensure she had a working unit.

She has decided to go to a lawyer on it... hhmmm....

I told her to take her warranty statement with her as it spells it out very clearly.... could be fun to be a fly on that wall...

Another one called back after I replaced the unit as the replacement failed. He has now decided that he wants his money back. I told him that I would ensure a working replacement but he went off before I could even reiterate that and told me that he would be taking other measures...

I wonder what other measures he could be talking about? He has also been told that I am the final word in his case.

One last moron called back for me yesterday.

This one has purchased the exact same unit four times. I sent him another new unit telling him I didn't think it would be the resolution but for customer satisfaction.....

He claimed it to be dead on arrival so I arranged to buy the unit back from him for the full price he paid.

He decides that that is not good enough and wants us to "give" him another model that he has chosen, that is worth more than twice the price of the one he purchased, for "free"....

I said that wasn't going to happen. He decided e wanted to talk to my boss... He went to the level above me who gave him the same answer.. Still not acceptable to him so went to the corporate office where he was again told the same thing...

What is it with some people? They think they are due so much when noone owes them anything.... The company did not break their freakin arm to buy it and we definitely tried to make it right. Too bad there are so many asses in the world but I guess I wouldn't have a job if it wasn't for them.

As a side note to the last one, this guy has never done any actual troubleshooting to see if the frontline people could get it working, he would just bully them into transferring him back to the place of purchase for another replacement.

Some people...

hhmmm....

Thoughts

No comments: