Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Things that make you go hhmm.... 130

Has anyone else made a mistake, apparently not the people I talked to yesterday...

Called these people up because they seem to have received a product that they did not order...

They demanded that I provide the last four digits of the credit card number that was used to purchase the product but they were concerned about identity theft...

Someone in the frontlines provided them with the name and number of another customer, I have to assume, by mistake in the process of verifying the customer information...

They had a concern that someone had a credit card in their name and were using it for all sorts of purchases...

They expected me to compound the mistake by providing even more information....

They have that right?

Not likely...

Pretty much told them to piss off and I have already initiated internal processes to stop this kind of shit from happening again but wtf....

hhmmm....

Thoughts

No comments: