Friday, July 28, 2006

Things that make you go hhmm.... 147

I had a topic picked out yesterday but just had to add this one instead...

I was addressing an issue with one of my customer's about his out of warranty product.

He did nothing but complain about the quality and how the product was a piece of crap.

Funny but he had it for three years so it was now two years out of warranty. They seem to think that no matter when it failed if they say that it never worked right or there was an issue from the start, it will entitle them to receive another for free.

Some of these people should stop and listen to just exactly what they are saying. I have a felling that even if they did, it would still make the same sense to them, as twisted as it is...

Anyway, I offered the options he had as the unit was out of warranty and asked him to look into them to be sure of what I was offering and come back to me with a reasonable offer.

His idea of reasonable was about a third of what I offered it for. I then countered with about half and he refused to budge, claimed he could get it cheaper locally...

He decided that he wanted to go above me....

I didn't tell him but when he went to my colleague, my offers came off the table...

My colleague told him that what I had offered was more than reasonable so he demanded to go above her.

As per process, he was told that if he made any further contact with the company he would be called back by my colleague as she was the final word on the whole issue...

Just how far do they think they can go? Just what do they think they are going to accomplish by screaming even when told they are at the top of the hill? Just who the fuck do they think they are that they can make demands for anything? It's out of warranty, idiot!!

Anyway, I may post what I had yesterday, tomorrow...

hhmmm....

Thoughts

No comments: