Thursday, July 06, 2006

Things that make you go hhmm.... 132

More fun with what some people think is tech support...

Some old girl bought a unit about 4/5 years ago and is so much less than careful as to have broken off a very small part...

Due to the age of the unit, the only thing that can be done is to replace it with a newer one at a cost as it is out of warranty...

She states that she will never buy from this manufacturer again because she cannot buy that part, just another ass...

Then we have the old girl who does not like to listen...

She was having some difficulty with a couple of tasks in her computer and as I am likened to do, even though it isn't our companies issue, I try to assist...

I think she was more than half deaf and the other half would not listen...

I asked her to retrace her steps so that I could figure out exactly what she was doing...

I told her that when she reached a certain point, stop, do not touch, point at, click on or do anything else except exactly what I told her...

She reached the point I requested and then proceeded to delete a bunch of files and she wouldn't tell me why...

I told her that I couldn't help her if she wasn't going to do as I asked and she accused me of getting snippity...WTF...

Anyway, I managed to get her through the process that would work for her, twice...

I never want to talk to her again.....

hhmmm....

Thoughts

1 comment:

Weary Hag said...

People are amazing aren't they?

It's as if they're saying, "Help me, help me ... but only the way I want you to."

Gotta love it.