Saturday, January 07, 2006

Things that make you go hhmm.... 41

Seems this counting the different types of posts I was throwing in here seems to be going a little off kilter, pretty much the same as my life......

Just got a letter from the hydro company and trying figure out the sense. They want it noted that they did not have access to the hydro meter with the excuse that no one was at home....

My meter is inside my locked basement.

Hhmmm... lets think about this one.....

I leave the house between 8:00 and 8:30 each morning and don't arrive back here until between 7:00 and 8:00 in the evening, and that would be Monday to Friday. That couldn't be the reason no one was at home could it?

The hours that most companies have their contact centers or people available don't take into consideration when the people might be available to contact.

I have the same issue with my ISP. Their billing/credit department is only open during "normal business hours" which puts contacting them into a cost situation for me. If there was an issue with a billing that may be late for whatever reason, I would have to take time off work to contact them to resolve it. This would mean that not only would the billing cost me but so would having to take time from my job and not getting paid for that time..

Doesn't make much sense does it?

It is getting to a point that if the companies truly believe that the customer that pays the wages or salary of those that make the policies and procedures, really count, they are going to have to make a more concerted effort to accommodate them.

As usual, any comments are most welcome.

Hhmmm...

Thoughts

No comments: