Saturday, January 28, 2006

Things that make you go hhmm.... 53

I wonder if some people would keep the to the path they are following if they knew just how it made them look?

One instance is a lady that has no connections with the one company I know except that she has managed to get to the top of the heap and is making a complete and utter ass and pain in the ass of herself.

She has hit every single level of technical support in this company which includes engineers, both hardware and software, and yet she continues to harass the upper echelons of the company believing that no one has provided her with the correct technical answers to the issue she is experiencing.

If she is so frickin technical and supposedly knows that the resolutions offered to her are incorrect, why did she contact technical support in the first place?

There are far too many people who know nothing about computers that think they do.

The other point in this is, just where do they get the idea that they are the only person that a company has to make happy? We have hundreds of calls every day but the number of people that think they are the sole customer for each of the people on my team is ridiculous.

I had one guy who had an in-warranty product that did not want to follow process/procedure for exchange. I told him that I had the ability to circumvent any of the processes that he was objecting to and would setup a replacement for him. Because he did not think that he should have to troubleshoot the product and then follow process, he said that he would buy from someone else and hung up on me.

What kind of ass does that?

And for one last little piece, I contacted one customer who was so ticked off about a certain issue, I had to tell him at least three times to "SHUT UP" so I can offer the options I had for him. Once the ass shut the hell up, he found that the offers were more than a little to his benefit.

There is far too much "me, me, mine, mine, me first, me first" attitude in this world. If some of these assholes would stop and think about someone else for a change, they would be a whole lot better off.

I have hung up on only one person in my whole 12 years of doing tech support and it was really a stupid customer.

He had been disconnected from the technician who was assisting him and wanted to connect with that person again. After warning him about his language and attitude four or five times, I had him calmed down enough to actually talk sense with him. I told him that I would keep him on the line and as soon as the person he was talking to was free from the call she was on at that moment, I would transfer him to her. I said that I would put him on hold for a moment to check the see if she was available which is the point when he decided to call me a "fucking scumbag"

Now I ask, when someone is trying to help you and getting you exactly what you request, why would you insult him? This is how the assholes expect to get help? Do they not think that all of the people who have so far pissed them off have done so because of the jerkoff attitude they have taken with those people?

This is a whole truckload of crap and hhmmm....

Thoughts

1 comment:

Hale McKay said...

One of the things they teach you in the business world is actually a conundrum of sorts. The overused and almost always incorrect thing they teach is "The Customer Is Always Right." Truth is - the customer is seldom right.