Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Things that make you go hhmm.... 44

Here it is hydro bill time again....

In this great province, we are supposed to get a bit of a rebate on the electricity because it cost less to produce in the summer of 04. Well, I got mine to the tune of $124, yay!

Then you look at the rest of the bill..... That leaves the balance owing at $718... WTF!!!

How the hell can an electricity company qualify the "delivery" charge? It cost them $233 to "deliver" the electricity to my house?

And since when, other than with this frickin government, do you pay the outstanding balance from a company that went bankrupt?That cost me a mere $52 for this period....

The last time I had a hydro bill this high, I had allowed estimated bills for a couple of years before actually taking a meter reading.

This is making alternative, off the grid, energy creation look a whole lot more attractive.

I need to get a piece of land way back in the woods, setup a ground source heat pump, wind powered electricity generator, satellite TV and a cell phone to get off the giant treadmill that the utility companies have become.

A crap load of miffed hhmmm....

BTW, my latest replacement camera should arrive today. They tried to deliver yesterday but no one was here to sign for it and unlike the US, we have to get signatures before leaving something. At least I can get a new HNT pic for tomorrow.

Thoughts

No comments: