Saturday, August 05, 2006

And the stupidity continues...

Got hold of a lady yesterday who doesn't seem to be all there...

She purchased an entry level unit that has only a 90 day warranty, which I told her....

She got it in December of last year and that would put it more than the warranty period, out of warranty...

Looking at the notes in the cases, and yes, I did say cases, she just badgered her way to the top, me....

I told her the warranty for the unit as stated above. She asked why it only had a 90 day warranty and I told that it was because the unit is an entry level and not a more feature bound model.

She then asked what I meant. I told her that it was a more economical model for people to get a start with.

She said, "Because it was a cheap model?"

I told her, those were her words, not mine, we have to be correct in our verbiage to the customers...

I offered her the out of warranty options that would replace the unit for a cost or even upgrade for a little more but that we could negotiate a mutually agreeable amount...

She seemed alright with it when we concluded the call...

She called back into my queue not more than 30 minutes later, got one of my colleagues and demanded my boss, ass, so a call back was arranged for her by another one of my team...

I then notice that she has called the Corporate office...

The notes show that she was very rude and demanding. The corporate office also noted that she was provided more than adequate options and well beyond anything she had any right too and that they would not intervene. One other note was that she did not want any call back, just a refund of the next day service she paid for...

For those that don't know, when an order is placed and it is out of warranty, it will stay in a validation required status until the proof of purchase is supplied or thirty days has lapsed, which ever is shorter so she was not charged the ten bucks in the first place and I canceled the order when talking to her....

Some people....

Thoughts

No comments: