Tuesday, August 29, 2006

And...

Yesterday was a bit of an adventure...

Got to the hospital about 10 minutes earlier than needed but that's fine, that is just me...

My daughter went with me incase I needed some kind of help.

About an hour and a half after I was to be there, they finally called me in to do what they were going to do.

The nurse was the only one in the room and when I removed my shirt, she pulled the simple dressing I had on, off, she noted how gross it looked. wtf?

I got on the gurney, on my stomach, and that is when the doctor and his intern came in.

The first words out of his mouth were to the effect, "That is nasty, really gross!" Again, wtf?

I was thinking "bedside manner"? Then I asked, "Beside manner?"

He responded with, "You really don't want to see what is coming out of that thing, it's really not good!" WTF?

The nurse tucked a towel in the top of my pants and draped a few more around where they were going to work.

He then had his intern freeze it with a needle in several places. The told me it would sting a little and the burn as the freezing was going in, it did not and I let them know, seems that was a mistake.

Next, he cut into it, can't see it so don't know what that looks like, and more descriptive language about the material that really started to ooze out...

He then started to squeeze all he could out of this thing. The easiest way to describe it is, lay on your stomach and have someone pour a pail of warm pudding on your back. Same effect but definitely nastier. He had to change the towels around it at least three times before he was done.

At one point, it felt like he had climbed up on my back wearing a pair of golf spikes.

The one final painful bit was when he cut a piece of the opening away so that it would not heal over too fast, he wants it to stay open for a while and heal from the inside.

They dressed it and I was ready to go, This took no more than about twenty minutes.

Now I am waiting for the homecare worker to call for what will be my daily appointment to have the wound cleaned out a re-dressed. He said it would be about two weeks for this thing to heal over. YAY!, I can sleep again...

Anyway, gotta get the paperwork together so that I can be away from work for the next couple of weeks without penalty.

They won't(employer)won't like that at all, but like I give a shit... I'll save that rant for another day.

Time to get ready for all of the crap I have to do today, have good one peeps!
Thoughts

No comments: