Monday, August 28, 2006

Wild...

Sorry about the late post, my 160gb lost all of its partitions and that prompted the reinstall...

Yesterday...

System locked up on messenger opening.

Reboot 5 or 6 times, still won't boot to the OS.

Try to boot to the cd, would not boot to the Plexwriter, found this out after three tries and bios reset to boot to the Sony DVD reader/writer.

Now we move onto the repair options, yea, right, a few options including "fixmbr" "bootcfg" etc, all to no avail.

OK, lets try to reinstall on top of itself, can't create the directory?...

K, now try to install in a different directory, yea, right, can't create the directory, again.

Now lets try installing on the second drive, can't proceed, can't write to the first drive.

Reset the bios again to boot to the second drive second, Sony first.

Found I had enough room and ability to install on the root of the second drive, great now I can move some stuff from the first drive so I don't lose it.

Two of the partitions are no problem, the root of the drive was a little more annoying.

I would try to open a folder on the root, it would open, I could copy may one or two files and then it would vanish and could not write back to the drive...

After about 20 reboots, I got what I wanted from it and formatted the drive.

I thought I would install Vista but low and behold, the image was corrupt and could not be saved...

What the hell?

Anyway, got a copy from a friend and will reconfigure and maybe install tomorrow...

Sorry, bout the time but I guess you got it figured...

Hope y'all had good Graffiti Monday



Thoughts

No comments: