Saturday, August 12, 2006

Entertainment value...

It's all about the entertainment value and damn if I wasn't entertained...

One lady called in and had to be transferred to me by another of the guys on my team as he did not work with the product that the lady had....

The first words out of her mouth were to the effect, "You will give me my money back for this product and a coupon for 10% off the accessories for the same product!"

First question I had was, "When did you purchase the product ma'am?"

She said, "I don't know, but I have 187 days left on my warranty and your going to give me a refund and the coupon!"

I said ,"No, I'm not!"

She said, "Yes you will, I have 187 days left on my warranty and I went and bought another one of the same model!"

I said, "No ma'am, but I would be happy to replace the unit for you!"

She said, "I don't want your replacement, I already bought another one!"

Once again I said, "No!"

She said, "I want a refund and a coupon and that is all I am going to say!" then promptly hangs up....

I laugh at the stupidity of this person and decide that it is time for me to have my lunch...

After discussing the whole thing with a couple of my colleagues, I decide to call the brainless wonder back, I always enjoy stirring up shit...

She answers on the third ring and I say, "I think we got cut off but would like to resolve your issue."

She says, "No, we did not get cut off, I hung up!"

I said, "Well, I would still like to help you with the issue..."

She interrupts and says, "I told you that I want my money back, I can get the unit fixed locally and I want my money back but I'm not going to argue!" and then promptly hangs up again...

Stupid broad doesn't seem to know how to read. The warranty states that the company will replace the unit with new or like new unit at the companies discretion and if unable to do so in a reasonable time, will refund the for the unit.

Reasonable for my team is next day or at most two day. If the company is not given the opportunity to replace the unit, they are never going to get their money back...

Guess it really, really sucks to be stupid....

Have a good weekend...

Thoughts

No comments: