Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Another Humpday....

Here we are, almost half way through another week.

I am running out of steam and subjects for posting here, I don't want to start sounding like a broken record or a dirty DVD....

I had a plant that was given to me to keep at my desk at work back in the spring of 2001.

I just kept watering it and nothing else but it grew like a weed.

The last pot I had it in was a 12 inch clay one and it was actually getting root bound. Last spring, I decided to take it home, split it up and take a part of it back to work.

When I dumped it out of the pot, there wasn't a handful of dirt. It was as if it ate all of the dirt and nothing was left but roots.

I split it into 4 separate pots which worked out to about 2 to 3 actual plants per pot.

The three I kept at home, just gradually died off. The other one, I took to work and allowed someone else to have and keep on their desk.

It was doing great for a while but was returned to my desk about 2 weeks ago and looks in really bad shape.

I guess they did not know that when the leaves would droop, the thing just needed water. They added food spikes and God knows what...

This plant was so well known in the building that when I took it home, people I did not even know were asking where the plant went.

Now I'm getting crap from people who see the condition it is in and think I did it....

I keep just pouring water through it everyday as I did in the beginning and am hoping for the best but I have a feeling it isn't going to survive.

If this last piece dies, I have a feeling that it will be indicative of my life with the company. It may be getting close to the end of my "career with them and it may be a good thing.

As a side note, I had an Aloe plant at home that had "leaves" that were more than 18 inches long. When I brought the plant home from work and set it beside the Aloe, the Aloe just up and died in about three days. If I had just poured gas on it, it could not have been faster.

Can plants get jealous?

BTW, it was a "Peace Lily", a fitting plant for the type of work we do.

I think I will go looking for another one and maybe keep the job, although I don't know why.....

Anyway, have a great day!

Thoughts.

1 comment:

Manish Kumar Pandey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.