Saturday, February 25, 2006

Bullshit!

We ran out of heating oil last night and yea, it is a little cool in the house this morning.

The pay I got yesterday was to go to paying my rent so I have really should not be using it for anything else.

I call the oil company I have been getting oil from and I'm told that a minimum order is $250 with a $50 delivery charge.

OK, I shouldn't but I will ask the landlord to wait til my next pay for the rent. The guy who is on call, calls me and tells me that she answering service was wrong and that the minimum is $300 and $50 for delivery.

I can push it for the $300 total but not the extra $50, too bad, so sad.....WTF!

I call another company, I will have to wait till business hours Monday..... WTF!

I call a third company, they will deliver about 10 gallon but it will cost $105 plus whatever the going rate for the oil is..... WTF!

I will be going to my MP and the media, this is so wrong....

Thoughts

2 comments:

Hale McKay said...

I feel for you. The price of heating oil is mind-boggling and outrageous!
...Our oil man waited until the beginning of the heating system to fill our tank to the tune of $600!
...We had asked for smaller deliveries in August and September - but no!
...Then he shows up without a call and tops us off with a 50 gal delivery.
...How in the world is a person to pay all his utilities, cable and phone, insurance, etc., when one oil delivery already has you behind the eight ball?
...Yes, I feel for you.
Good luck. Call me "Mr.Barely Keeping Head Above Water."

consise10 said...

Winter sounds like a very lucrative time for them where you are from. The cost of oil ought to be regulated and not allowed to exceed the cost set by government.Price freezing may also help.It doesnt snow where im from and I guess our winters are wet and some what mild in comparison. I do feel for you and hear you about how neccesary heating is.