Sunday, February 12, 2006

Things that make you go hhmm.... 62

First a few questions and then the related experience.

What effect would you think death would have on the life of you as a kid?

What would be your first reaction seeing a person die unexpectedly before your eyes?

This would not be a relative or friend just someone you met for the first time on the day they died?

What if the action that led to this persons death was directly related to the interaction between you and that person?

Would it turn you into a lazy person?

Would it make you a stupid person?

Would you be considered stupid if you showed no reaction at all?

Now, I will relate it for you...

I went to a one-room school house for the first two years that I was in school.

Each grade was separate grade.

I was in grade two at this school and about three quarters of the way through the year, our regular teacher found herself unable to come to school due to the flu.

The people who make the decisions, had to get a substitute teacher in place fairly quickly, which they did.

The substitute was about as far from being a pretty woman as I could imagine anyone getting.

The first thing that she wanted to do was to get everyone's names from them.

When it came to my turn, I was so dumbstruck, I did not answer.

Her reaction, which seemed a little in the realm of overkill, was to strap me right there in front of the rest of the class.

She then went to her chair at the front of the room and sat down where she turned some strange colors and fell over backwards with the chair.

I later learned that she was dead before she hit the floor.

My parents took us to the cottage that Thursday and I had just thought it had been a long weekend.

I really can't say when I learned that she had died but, pretty much from that point in time, my whole life went into the dumper.

This is a true story in my early life. Do not feel sorry for me, pity me or anything else. It is merely a little insight into me.

hhmmm....

Thoughts

No comments: